- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla essence
- ¼ cup melted butter
(If you don’t have cultured buttermilk, add 1 tsp vinegar into 2 cups of milk, let it sit for 5 minutes & your buttermilk is ready
- Combine & sieve all dry ingredients in a bowl
- Mix buttermilk, butter & vanilla essence in a separate bowl & whisk until combine
- add flour to wet ingredients, whisk until combine
- avoid lump formation,
- rest for 10-15 minutes,
- Heat non-stick pan on low-medium flame,
- brush with little oil/butter,
- add prepared batter,
- cook until bubbles form over the surface,
- flip to other side, cook for 2-3 minutes,
- repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve the pan cake with chocolate sauce & cherry compote.
- You can add butter, maple syrup or any other fruit compote as per your taste.